Disclaimer: The views and claims expressed here are not meant as an alternative form of investment advice. Every investment move involves risk, and you should consult professional financial advisors for guidance or conduct your own research before making a decision.
This Week’s Hot Topics
1. Zhao Bo, president of China Electronics Technology Standardization Research Institute, mentioned that network security has had a profound impact on society. Information technology, such as big data, Internet, artificial intelligence and blockchain, has developed into an important engine to promote the strength of national innovation and development.
1. Toh Wee Kee of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said that the Singapore dollar, which is currently being tested by the Singapore Monetary Authority on the basis of distributed ledger technology, is used for cross-bank settlement rather than for Singapore households.
2. At the CoinDesk Consensus Conference in Singapore today, the National University of Singapore (NUS) announced the creation of a blockchain research center called “Digital Monetary Strategy, Technology and Algorithms” or “CRYSTAL Center” Designed to be one of the most important blockchain research centers in the world.
3. At the CoinDesk Consensus Conference in Singapore today, the head of the Singapore Monetary Authority stated that the securities tokens are applicable to the existing Singapore Securities and Futures Act.
South Korea, Japan
1. Makoto Niimura of Akamai Technologies said that Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group’s (MUFG) blockchain-based payment network can now process 1 million transactions per second.
2. Seungjai Min of Samsung SDS said that Samsung SDS has built a Nexledger blockchain platform since 2015, using multiple networks such as Ethereum and Superbooks. It can enable blockchain applications to be customized according to business needs.
1. Two Premier League teams, Newcastle United and Cardiff City, are currently considering issuing a pass to secure funds to support the team’s development. They have started a conversation with blockchain technology company, SportyCo.
2. The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) committee said the government should not limit the introduction of new products in the encryption market based on the weakness of Bitcoin. The SEC should not require the encryption market to be fully regulated by the government, which is a prerequisite for allowing products linked to the encryption market to be traded in SEC-regulated markets.
The Total Market Value of Global Cryptocurrency Assets
As of 17:00 on 19 September, the global market value of cryptocurrency was US$19 billion, a decrease of 3.2 billion US dollars compared to the market value of US$193 billion in the same period yesterday. The global encryption market has a total 24-hour volume of US$12.9 billion. The volume of transactions fell by 2.3% compared to yesterday’s $12.6 billion.
As of 17:00 on 19 September, 2018, the total turnover of the top 5 exchanges for the 24-hour transaction was 3.195 billion US dollars, a decrease of 473 million US dollars from the same period of 3.668 billion US dollars This is a 13.9% decrease. The opposite is true. Yesterday, the price fell but the trading volume increased. Today’s trading volume fell but the price rose, indicating that although the short-term formation has been another correction, the market’s chasing is not high.
As of 17:00 on 19 September, 2018, the turnover rate of top 5 digital currencies showed a downward trend. EOS still has the highest turnover rate within the top 5, but the decline is also the highest, reaching 3.4%. The decline in the turnover rate today indicates that the market strength is still not enough.
Premium Rate of USDT in Exchanges
As of 17:00 on 19 September, 2018, the premium rate is around 0.4%. Today’s highest point peaked at 0.6%, down by 0.7% from yesterday’s highest point of 1.3%. Today’s capital enthusiasm has declined.
Top 5 Digital Currency Market Value Changes
As of 17:00 on 19 September 2018, the market value of top 5 projects are BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, from the 24-hour ups and downs, the short-term reversal peaked after a new round of growth. The top 5 currencies all showed different degrees of increase, and the XRP increased by more than 20% in 24 hours.
BTC’s current 24-hour increase of 1.02%, the current market value of 55.14%
ETH currently has a 6.25% increase in 24-hours, and the current market value accounts for 10.80%.
XRP currently has a 20.59% increase in 24 hours, and the current market value is 6.61%.
BCH’s current 24-hour increase of 4.11%, the current market value of 3.78%
EOS currently has a 4.86% increase in 24 hours, and the current market value is 2.32%.
Market Panic and Fear Index
The fear and greed index reflects market sentiment, with a range of 0-100. The smaller the index, the greater the fear of the market, and the smaller will be the greed. This indicates that the recent market is bleak. Meanwhile, the larger the index, the greater the fear of the market. The lower the mood, the greater the greed, indicating that the market is ideal.
Photo Credits: coincheckup.com, coinmarketcap.com, feixiaohao.com, chaintrack.cn, coincheckup.com, alternative.me